Tuesday 8 October 2013

Thumbnail Sketches 85 Experimenting with Colour

This is my thumbnail sketch 85, I wanted to try producing a larger scale digital thumbnail sketch to see how some of my ideas worked on a larger scale, I liked the idea for it but found it looked a bit flat and needed more depth.

I tried experimenting with colour to see if this would give it more depth, which I felt worked better but was still flat and needed more foreground elements to separate the layers of the scene.



1 comment:

  1. These are looking good Tom :), if you want to try and get more depth within the image then try adding some foreground elements and background elements as it all looks to be on the same plain at the moment. For example putting the cave into perspective with larger rocks being closer to the 'camera' and smaller rocks in the background. Also atmosphere perspective like Jordan was saying would really help with the flatness of the image, he linked a really good video of Scott Robertson showing how to use atmospheric perspective. Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayjbpopn5EI&feature=c4-overview&list=UUrJhSmz4zo9t-Z2GdHECW7A

    Still looking good though and I hope I helped in some way :)

    ReplyDelete